Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Birthday--Me Too

This is strange and this has never happened to me before.
I have gone 3 places today--my birthday.
At all 3 places, a group of people sang Happy Birthday to someone--but not to me.

I stopped at Wildberries for a chai on my way home from picking Jonah up at school. A group from Dell Arte was performing. As they were leaving, one of the store clerks pulled them over to the deli counter to sing for one of the cooks.

John and I went out to dinner at Tomo. A young woman a couple of tables away was celebrating her birthday with her family. Her waitress brought her a bowl of ice cream with a candle in it and everyone around joined in singing.

After dinner, we walked over to BonBoniere to get some ice cream to bring home for later. A fairly large group of people sitting inside suddenly burst into song.

What shall we make of this?

No comments: