Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Take a Closer Look

Hannah lost her first tooth today. She's been waiting for this day to come for quite a while!
She noticed that one of her teeth was loose 2 weeks ago and has been wiggling it around since then. She pulled it out all by herself earlier this evening. The one next to it (in the middle) is loose now too.

Hannah's been asking me a lot of questions about when I was losing teeth (way back in the 1980s).

One of my teeth was so loose, it came out when I bit into a banana. My mom knocked out one of my teeth by elbowing me in the mouth (the tooth was very loose and the elbowing was definitely accidental). I remember losing at least one tooth at school. I don't remember ever believing in the Tooth Fairy, but I do remember putting teeth under my pillow and finding a quarter there the next morning (a whole dollar when I lost my first molar). I had an extra set of incisors, so I lost all of those twice. I have one of my baby teeth in a little box. My mom probably threw the rest of them away.

What's your best memory of losing teeth?

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go negotiate with a fairy.

No comments: