Monday, April 09, 2007

Back Home

So, I thought we would have wireless internet access at our little place in San Francisco, but we did not. That's my excuse for not blogging last week. As Jonah says: It's always something.

We had a very nice time in The City. A few months ago I found us a little studio apartment just a few blocks from where the conference John was attending was being held. It turned out to be just perfect. We had more space than we would have at a hotel and we saved money--as well as that rarest of commodities: sanity--by preparing most of our own meals at "home" (we stopped at Trader Joe's on the way into town and stocked up on all sorts of goodies we don't get up here which made eating in a little more exciting too).

The children and I kept travelogues (Hannah kept referring to hers as "my travel blog"). I intend to share those here over the next few days.

----------------------------
We have been taking Hannah to the annual meeting of the Pacific Division of the American Philosophical Association since she was just 5 weeks old and every year when John registers and they make him his little name-badge thingy, they make Hannah one as well. This year when she was asked if she would like her own name-badge thingy Hannah responded very graciously: "No thank you, I'm going to be a veterinarian."

No comments: