Friday, March 02, 2007

Much Better, Thanks

Jonah is finally coming out the other end of his nasty cold. Thank goodness for that. I've not done much all week but tend to his every cough and whimper and I'm ready to get on with other things already.
Jonah's spent most of today making up for all the chatter he skipped while he was not feeling well. That loud noise you heard around noon? My eardrums bursting. There are times when being around Jonah is like being in a cheerful, somewhat annoying novel what with all the constant narration he provides. I'm glad that he does talk to me and I want to make sure that he keeps talking to me, so the least I can do is listen to him (or, at times, make like I'm listening to him with a well-placed hmmmmm or that's nice in response to his telling me--for the fifth time in two minutes--"I just took my shoes off! And my socks!"). Still, it's been a long time since I've needed a break from my kids as desperately as I do right now.

Thankfully, John and I get to go see Leo Kottke play tomorrow night. Together, no kids. It's been a while.

No comments: