Monday, November 06, 2006

Taken In

Jonah is a small guy. I knew when I was pregnant with him that he was small--even though everyone kept telling me that my second child was bound to be so much bigger than my first. He weighed in at 7lbs 3oz at birth. A respectable weight, but downright puny compared to Hannah's 9lbs 7oz. (So, I knew that he was small even before he was born, but I still worried that everyone was right about the second child being bigger thing.)

He's a cute small guy too. People are often astonished at how well such a small guy speaks. Such a cute small guy whose pants are always falling down... The kid has a teensy tiny waist. I have the hardest time finding pants that fit him. I love the pants with adjustable waistbands, but those are all ones with zippers and snaps that he cannot run on his own and I get tired of doing that kind of thing for him. I also get tired of having to take in the waist on just about every pair of little pants, but he refuses to wear dresses.


*****

Conversation between John and Jonah while they were "doing the dishes" (by that I mean that John does the dishes while Jonah stands next to him at the sink playing with water).
j: Can I use that? (pointing to the bowl of my standing mixer)
J: No, we're trying to clean the dishes here, not get more of them dirty.
j: But I need that. I'm a chef!

No comments: