Monday, August 15, 2005

Don't scare me like that!

I went in to sign Hannah in at school today and her name was not on the list of students scheduled to be there. Talk about sick feelings in the pit of your stomach.
I marched on up to the office--after checking that Jonah was on the list in his classroom--where they must have misplaced some paperwork. The secretary admitted that she ought to have caught this one. After all, why would I be sending Jonah and not Hannah? (This week at school is one set up only for staff and faculty members, requiring a seperate batch of paperwork.)
There were a couple of dreadful minutes while they checked to make sure they had room for Hannah. I was fully prepared to offer all of them foot rubs if they would just take her for a couple of hours. She's been out of school for 3 weeks now and we both need a break, believe me.

They had room, no problem. My sanity: spared again.

No comments: